Nuts On The Flop

Poker stories from an Irish player...tournament reports, thoughts and goals

Monday, April 03, 2006

SE Double Chance - €50 30/03/2006

The 30th being the last Thursday in the month, it was time for the Fitz's big €250+20 monthly freezeout, which usually attracts most of Dublin's best tournament players. Despite having an extremely healthy bankroll, I didn't really want to buy in, and decided to go down, try to win a ticket via a STT satellite, and consider my options if this didn't work out. I ran into Olly who was on the final table of the freeroll and a few others in the club (including fixer from boards.ie, who I had never met before) and quickly got knocked out of two €30 STTs, the harsh structure and starting stack means these are real crapshoots. So I decided if I was going to be in a crapshoot, what better than one of the Fitz's infamous one-handed blind Omaha STTs? 10 players, €30 buy-in, 4 hole cards, 5 on the board, and the winner gets into the big game! Unfortunately, I was dealt muck, Dom (5starpool) won the ticket with quad aces, and I decided to pass on buying in for €270 after blowing €90 on STTs. I said my goodbyes and headed over to the SE for the €50 Double Chance.

Smaller field than usual for this, only 6 tables starting off. I really shouldn't have played, as by this point I was not feeling like poker and wanted to get home to play Oblivion! Luckily, I didn't have to hang around for long! At my table were 3 ok players and 5 not so ok players. One of whom was caught pushing with 35o and managed to hit trips on the river, then five minutes later was caught AGAIN pushing with bottom pair and managed to river his way out of that as well. His crap-eating grin was very annoying. Anyhow, I managed to dump most of my chips to him, I raised in MP with AKo, he called from the BB (he could have been holding anything). Raggy flop, which he bet...I really only had two choices here, to fold or push. Blinds were still low, I had only committed 1/5 of my stack to the pot, it was possible he hit a pair. Or, as likely, he hadn't hit a thing and was trying his arm AGAIN. But instead of choosing one of these options, I called. Another rag, another bet from him and another stupid flat call from me. A last rag on the river, he pushes, I fold like a wuss. Awful awful awful awful awful play. I was gone 15 minutes later after being outdrawn by another of the not so good players, but I deserved an early exit.

Never play when you don't feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home