Nuts On The Flop

Poker stories from an Irish player...tournament reports, thoughts and goals

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Quick Update - 10/06/2006 - 21/06/2006

I haven't posted in ages because...I haven't played much in ages! The reason being an obvious one, that little sporting event that is taking place this month. You may have seen it mentioned once or twice somewhere in the sporting sections of your favourite newspaper.

I played only one live game since my last entry, that being the Sporting Emporium €50+5 Double Chance, 15/06/2006. This game is much improved with the changed blinds structure that the SE brought in earlier this month, there is much more play with the inclusion of the 150/300 level. In addition, the €50+5 DC now features a starting stack of 2k and top up of 2k, rather than the old 1.5k+1.5k. I didn't cash, despite the long-awaited changes!

How about the...

Party Poker Free-to-$500 challenge:

Well, as of the last update, my balance was $202, I got it up to €300 a few days later, went on tilt and lost most of that, down to €35, up to €105, and at that amount I put the challenge on hold as I have now decided to devote more time to cash games and to really give it a go - by becoming a bonus whore! Firstly I got my Neteller account going. I also now have a good rakeback deal with Betfair, in addition to the great (no minimum deposit up to $800) startup bonus they have, I am spending 90% of my time online at that site. Deposited $80 last week, which I now have up to $300. Am going stick with 6-handed $.25-$.50 tables for the time being. Pokerstars also had a reload bonus available, so I simply cashed out of Stars to Neteller and back again a few hours later to qualify for this! Bonus whoring / rakeback is obviously the way to go :)

Won't really be playing much live I think until a) I start my career break in 8 days time (whoo-hoo!) and b) the World Cup is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home