Nuts On The Flop

Poker stories from an Irish player...tournament reports, thoughts and goals

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fitz Scalps - €50 + €50 21/4/2006

After a few days off from live poker, I ventured down to my favourite game, the €50+€10 scalps game in the Fitz, with one rebuy or topup available for an additional €50. I haven't played in months as my social life interfered - it looks to stay that way for the foreseeable future, most of my Fridays are booked up until the start of June!

Anyhow, starting stack was 2400, rebuy or topup was 3000...and this will be a very short report! I have never been so card dead in my entire life. I was seated at table 1, with a number of very experienced and wily opponents, so much options to make moves without cards were limited at best. I won ONE pot all night, and that was during level 1...limped in mid-position with KJo, no-one else went with me bar the two blinds, flop came down JJx rainbow, checked around to me, I see check. Turn was another rag, checked to me, I throw out 100 (pot of 125) to try to build it a little, both blinds fold. W00t! 75 chips profit. And that was it for the night.

Took the topup at the break, I had about 4k in total after this. Tried to play a little in the first level after the break, blinds of 100/200, but only found cards out of position, and missed every damn flop. I finally pushed with A7o during the 150/300 level (I had 2.5k left at this point), was called by a big stack with AKs, no 7, no help and out I go. Awful night but at least I was home at 10:30 to continue my enjoyable time watching The Shield: Series 1 on DVD, this show ROCKS!

On a more positive note, my online play has picked up a bit, I am playing more STTs than at any other time over the past 6 months and finally have broken out of a bad slump. I am still down $300 online for the YTD, but am confident I will be back in positive territory by the end of June, when I am leaving my job. Live, I haven't had a result in a few weeks but am still more than €3,500 to the good YTD. Hope to make it to the SE for the €75 DC tonight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home